My reply to one of my friends's blog entry:
"I hope you're all right. I know I have never been in a relationship for almost a year now, but being single for quite a long time made me realize a lot of things. My Theology professor always told us that love is a self-enlarging experience. It should bring out the best in both of you, not the other way around. Don't rely on feelings, because love is never a feeling. If it is, then we could never love for too long--our feelings sway from one to another; humans tend to become fickle. Love, then, is a CHOICE, an effort to build and make the relationship work. Sabi nga sa isang libro na nabasa ko, "Love is a marathon of the heart". In short, kailangan paghirapan, pagtrabahuan. Hindi madali magmahal, kaya it requires that the person who gets into it is WHOLE, may deep love for self. When you love someone, it couldn't be helped that you sacrifice a lot for that person. But if you already have a strong sense of self in you, kahit ilang sakripisyo pa ang gawin mo, para sa'yo walang nababawas sa sarili mo kasi beforehand, BUO ka na. People who sacrifice for the other just so they could get back at them someday are not "sacrificing". They are "self-sacrificing"
... Make it work, with yourself, and with him. Don't just be overwhelmed by the feelings. Constantly symbolize the love that is already there. And as much as chemistry is important to initiate a connection between two people, also keep in mind that fundamental similarities in both your personality or values ensure you a stronger and better relationship. ;)"
I wish I could've told this to myself before.
2 comments:
That was really insightful. I can't relate 'cause I'm not in a relationship. Hihi. :)
Saw your tag on my blog. :)
P.S. You know Pearl, too? :)
I'm not in a relationship either. Haha. Was just sharing what I learned from my Theology on Marriage class.
I don't know Pearl personally. Just stumbled upon her blog as well. But we're from the same school. :)
Post a Comment